You'd never know this is a budget vacation!
You’ll Never Know You Are On A Budget - Cost $300 per person.
MINIMUM # OF PERSONS : 4 MAXIMUM #: 9
7 days/6 nights
- DAY 1 – Arrive & settle into your vacation rental.
- If 4 – 6 persons, you’ll stay at either a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment at The Four Seasons Vacation Rentals or if 7 – 9 persons, the 3 bedroom Maple Cottage. Both properties are in North Troy and have complimentary wifi internet access. To view lodging, please go to www.jaypeakskiing.com and click on “Vacation Rentals”
- DAY 2 – Kayaking, site-seeing and shopping.
- 8. a.m. Get an early start after breakfast in your apartment and drive to Clyde River Recreation in West Charleston to embark on a 3 hour gentle self-guided kayak paddle on the Clyde River in West Charleston. This is a flat water lazy river and is a 5. 5 mile paddle with the current. A great option is to call Skampy’s at 802-895-4400 and order pizza or deli sandwiches ahead of time to take with you or stop by Skampy’s after your paddle to enjoy lunch. They are located 1 mile from Clyde River Recreation in West Charleston. You can of course pack your own picnic from home and bring with you. The cost of this meal is not included in the package.
Around 1 pm, you will drive to Derby Line stopping on the way to view reindeer and
elk feeding in their pasture and then on to the famous Haskell Opera House and
Library. This historic building sits astride an international boundary line so the stage is in
one country and the audience sits in another and in the library section, the librarian is in
one country with the books in the other.
On your drive back to North Troy, stop in at Couture’s Maple Store to sample the wide
assortment of maple products produced at this award winning Sugar House.
- DAY 3 – Swimming, fishing and just chilling out
- Make a picnic lunch and head out to a magical swimming hole located 3 miles from your accommodation. If you have your own fishing gear, buy a Vermont 3 day fishing license at the Four Corners Mini Mart, and try your hand at catching rainbow and brook trout whilst enjoy this hidden spot in paradise. With any luck you’ll be having fish for dinner. Fishing is an optional activity but if you intend fishing, by law in Vermont you must have a license. The cost for a 3 day visitor’s fishing license is $20 per adult. Children under 15 are free. Violation of this law has severe penalties for residents and visitors alike.
- DAY 4 - Canoeing, swimming, fishing and biking
- Today you will head back to Newport for a day at the beach on Lake Memphremagog at Gardner Park. You’ll get a canoe from the Clyde River Recreation outlet and go paddling for a maximum of 3 hours around the marshes, marveling at the beauty and wildlife of our Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. If you want to fish, just make sure you have your fishing license from yesterday and your own gar. The canoes are large and costs are based on 2 adults and 2 children per canoe. A luncheon voucher is included for Montgomery Café in Downtown Newport. After lunch, you’ll get select a bike from The Great Outdoors Rental store and cycle around the lake to the Canadian border. You’ll have the bike until 5 pm (but you can return it earlier if needed), These comfortable hybrid bikes are good for dirt and black-top roads.
- DAY 5 – Tram ride, hiking, swimming
- You’ll visit Jay Peak Resort www.jaypeakresort.com where you can take a tram ride the top of the mountain and view 4 states plus Canada. Explore this mountain ridge and either take the tram down to the base lodge or hike your way back to the parking lot. After this walk, it is back to the Four Corners swimming hole for a lazy afternoon relaxing by the river. When you leave, you can drive the scenic road through Troy and visit Big Falls. No swimming at Big Falls!
- DAY 6 – Tour a Cheese Factory, sight seeing on byways of Vermont.
- An education outing is planned as you will drive to Cabot Creamery and learn how the world’s best cheese is made. Drive through the Green Mountains and discover the delightful villages and hamlets of northern and central Vermont.
- DAY 7. CHECK OUT IS BY 11 A.M. taking memories with you to last a lifetime.
DISCLAIMERS: This vacation package is subject to space availability and does not include transportation to/from and within Vermont. All meals, food and beverage costs unless specifically mentioned as included in the package. Jay Peak Vacation Rentals reserves the right to change the order of the activities based on availability. Some blackout dates apply. Check for restrictions.
- 7 days/ 6 nights lodging at either the Four Seasons vacation apartments if 4 – 6 persons, or Maple Cottage if 7 – 9 persons.
- This fun-filled family vacation package has something for everyone including kayaking, canoeing, fishing, biking, hiking, discovering a magical swimming hole in the woods, touring a cheese factory, taking a tram wide, a library visit and more. You’ll wonder how you can do so much in just one week and for so little money!
Cost: $300 per person based on based on minimum of 4 persons/maximum 9 persons This includes lodging, taxes, fees, equipment rentals. Some restrictions and blackout dates apply. Package does not include travel to/from or within Vermont, meals unless specifically stated on the itinerary nor a Vermont fishing license which is $20 per persons for a 3 day license for adults – no charge for a fishing permit for children under 15.
To inquire about this package please contact the Property Manager.
See all packages